Monday, January 14, 2013

Black Hole Sun, Won't You Come?

My inspiration for the day? Washing away the bad, and coming in with the new. I guess that's it a lot of times though.. like.. trying to force myself to keep a positive outlook on things. But I mean.. we live in a world where it's so easy to lose sight of what we have, and the good in our lives, and force ourselves into a kind of exile with depression. Focusing on the bad only forces you deeper into that exile, and having been in a deep depression in the past, I guess I'm forcing myself out by keeping myself motivated. Out with the bad, in with the good.

Melancholic shot, for a melancholic title and theme. Works. Now that I'm done being all preachy or what not, let's get to the good stuff. We have  a couple new things in here. First of all, Acid Lily opened, so look out for goodies throughout the week from them. Cake has entered this weeks' line up with an old classic, this old vest shirt. While it's adorable, I do have to say.. I'm kind of getting sad with all the designers using templates. I mean.. Yes, the design is good, and yes, the texturing by the designer is superb, but.. here's the thing, I've seen this top just.. how many times now? And though I love it, I'm ready to see the next big thing. I guess now that a lot of designers have started selling their templates, a lot of creativity has gone out the window with a lot of designers and the easy way gets taken, and as a result, you have about a million and one of the same shirt.. done by a million and one designers. I'd like to see the creativity and originality come back! What draws clients like myself to a certain store is the fact that there's something about them that stands out for them, a classic signature style to their creations that makes me a loyal costumer. Templates.. eh, I can go to any store in second life and get it. It becomes not about loyalty, but who sales it for less? That's my problem with templates.

With that aside, Blueberry also has a new release this week, the cut out jeans. Not really my style, but personally, love them, it's very creative and ingenious how it was done in the alpha layer to make sure that your skin shows through in the cut out sides, and still looks good. It's an amazing work, and I love it! And finally, a newish release by JeSyLiLo with these UGG Boots. Kept jewerly very simple since the vest and the jeans are such  big statement pieces in the outfit, and voila! A cute look that looks effortless, and stands out.

Credits:



Skin: the body co. Orchid (01 Fair) - blonde brows (Still on Sale at theWarehouse 'til Jan 31)
Hair: >Truth< Rebel w/Roots - tahiti
Top: [[>CaKe!<]]Nana Neck Vest taupe for Acid Lily
Bracelet: Donna Flora - Princess bracelet
Ring: EarthStones Destiny Bridal Set - Platinum
Jeans: Blueberry - Alexa  Cut-Out Jeans - Rust 
Boots: *JeSyLiLO* Classic Ugg  Boots - Grey 
Pose: Co*Motion {ModelPack1} #2 for Acid Lily





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com